Sunday, January 5, 2014

Reply all

"I was up north evangelizing on the finer points of the greaseless chain; those ninnies up there, insist on smearing a barrel of grease on each link; well,,, the dirt and dust gets caught in the grease and forces the gears out of place, chain slacks, and off it comes; where as a clean chain, brushed every once in while with a wire brush, will last longer and not pull everything out of alignment.  I had the sides up on the harvester and had crawled into the straw walker, scraping the build up of grease off a connecting rod, and was into the lengthy summation of my sermon on the greaseless chain when I was hit by a laconic spasm.  This must have been the point when Jen's fear level, triggered that encrypted message. My sermon stopped and in a pre-reflexive fit I began to bang out a rhythm on that greasy piece of solid metal.  The whole machine became engulfed in my drumming; inside that web metal the sound was intense, Scary to say the least; and as I was painfully drumming out that hymn, I too triggered an involuntary encrypted message to Heather,L.J. and Lucky; who were thankfully not in motion at the time.  All very bewildering, and even more so for those greasers.  Evidently those two had slowly drifted away in an effort to remain ignorant of the virtues of the dry chain, and were not aware of the abrupt end to my lecture, but could hear my song ringing out of the harvester, thought it was time for the hymn and started ah singing along.  I was apparently receiving multiple messages from those in our cell then decrypting them; hitting the adrenalin threshold for another involuntary send, then re-encrypting a new 'reply all' message: stuck in a reply all message loop.  Finally somebody set an:'AutoReplyEnabled $False', and I could stop the drumming; but the chain greasers kept on singing while I was crawling out, and only stopped when I bowed my head in silence."











No comments: